Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead



As you can see I was at it again...creating more "Oz" signs. With the 70th anniversary of the making of the movie this year, there has been a renewed interest.

Photobucket

The Emerald City was located in the middle of the land of Oz. It needed no "sign" to indicate that one was entering the city, as everything was green and brilliant. I made my version of what a sign would say proclaiming the entrance to the Emerald City.



Photobucket

For the filming of the movie, 125 "munchkins" were hired to become the inhabitants of Munchkinland. In 2007, only 6 "munchkins" remained living when a star was presented to them on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Just recently, the munchkin who played the "town crier" has passed away from natural causes.


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. That witch always frightened me when I was little. I would hide behind my dad when that movie was on TV!! Have a great weekend. Take care ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete