Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We Wish To Welcome You To Munchkinland





As a young girl I would watch The Wizard of Oz when the tv networks would show it annually. The Wizard of Oz was shown as an annual tradition from 1959 to 1991, making it one of the most famous films ever. The movie was based on the book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum which was written in 1900 as a children's novel. The novel has been translated into over 40 languages. Some countries have adapted to a version that was more suitable to their religion and beliefs. The movie was made in 1939 with Judy Garland in the lead role as Dorothy, Frank Morgan as the Wizard, Ray Bolger as the Scarecrow, Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion, Jack Haley as the Tinman and Margaret Hamilton as The Wicked Witch of the East/West and Elmira Gulch. Somewhere Over The Rainbow is one of the most all time favorite songs. Frank Baum went on to write 13 more books in the Oz series.


This week I made 4 new signs...one of which I can't get out of my head after watching a youtube video. Here's the link so you can share my pain.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48
Hope you enjoy the link! You can find the listings within the next couple of days in my etsy shoppe. www.icehousecrafts.etsy.com

5 comments:

  1. Want a lollipop!! Love those signs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dee! Love your signs! Thanks for visiting my blog today and adding yourself to my followers. So pleased to have you! I'll keep checking your wonderful blog as well because I just added myself as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat,

    Thanks for visiting too. Now did you click on the you tube link is the question? LOL! I can't get that video out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'll be singing that to myself...and anyone else within earshot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat,

    LOL! I've been singing it ever since!

    ReplyDelete