Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Broken Camera



I have to say that my Sony Mavica has finally given up on me. I tried taking pictures with it over the weekend and while it would take the pictures...at least I thought it did, it wouldn't load them up to my laptop. UGH! It also had that sickening burnt electronic smell when I open the door to the disk drive to take out the mini disc. Although I guess I can't complain as I had this digital camera for 9 years.

We have been looking or should I say, I've been drooling over a new DSLR camera. I've been looking at Canon's as that's the kind of SLR camera I have along with a few lenses. So I was looking for a camera that I could use these lenses with.

After getting a recommendation from a photographer that has been my neighbor at one of the craftshows that I do, he recommended a Canon 50D. Well looking at the 50D I decided it may be more camera than I really need. So after more research, we settled on an Canon Eos XT1. It's been ordered and now to wait for it to arrive.

I feel so lost without my camera now. I have so many new signs and things that I have painted to take a picture to show and list, that I'm busting at the seams here!
So hopefully sometime by the middle of next week, I'll be back to taking pictures. In the meantime, I guess it's back to work for me. So til next week take care.


1 comment:

  1. So it's really dead and gone? Just think of all the wonderful photos you can take next week with with the shiny new camera.

    ReplyDelete