Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Wrath of Grapes

Or something like that! LOL! I have been slowly adding to my wine themed signs. Every time I add one I think of my friends from New Jersey, Donna and Janice. I met them many years ago at a craft show. Since we have cut back on the number of shows we do a year we only see them at one show each year. These girls love their wine and bring a few bottles with them when they do weekend shows to enjoy in their hotel room after the show ends. In fact they even like $2buck Chuck from Trader Joe's. We have a Trader Joe's here locally in Maryland but they aren't allowed to sell wine in their stores here. What a shame from what I have been told it's suppose to be pretty good. Anyway, the closest Trader Joe's that can sell wine is located outside Edison NJ. How do I know this? Well from my Jersey girlfriends. They would take a trip over the bridge when we did the craft show at Edison and pick up a case or two or three! LOL! These girls are crazy and fun loving....they have sent me one night a text picture of their night on the town. Let's just say that the picture was of the table littered with empty wine bottles. So anyway, each time I make a new wine sign, I think of them fondly. As usual these are available on my website. The hubby being the frustrated gardener that he is, has 2 grape vines growing in pots. They are suppose to get transplanted on our 6 acres that we own sometime but for now they reside in my perennial flower bed. If you look closely in the picture you can see they have gotten some grapes.....Think they will be enough to make some wine? Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Think you may need to grow more for your friends LOL
    I have not had a glass of wine in years but used to.

    Hope you are staying cool this summer.
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete