Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Carnival Of Madness Concert



Last Wednesday I went to my first rock concert in years. I think the last one I attended was either to see the group Boston or Bruce Springsteen back in the late 70's.

Josh, my middle son had purchased the tickets to take his former girlfriend, me and himself. Well once they broke up, Josh decided to take his little brother....my baby went to his first rock concert!

We made the trip to MerriWeather Post Pavilion, which is about 30 minutes from our house. Show time was 5 pm as there were 5 bands playing! One thing I forgot was just how loud rock concerts were.

The bands that were playing were 10 Years, Sevendust, Puddle of Mudd, Chevelle and Shinedown was the headliner. It was a little warm that day but nothing that fanning myself with a checkbook couldn't handle.

I can't say that I knew a lot of the music that the first 4 groups played but I did know all but 2 of the songs that Shinedown played. The song from Alice in Wonderland an The Expendables were new to me. They put on an awesome show. Almost makes me want to go back for another concert...Josh found a flyer for Saving Abel which is coming sometime in August....maybe once my hearing returns all the way I'll be ready to go again.


2 comments:

  1. Your hearing has been gone for quite sometime Dee...don't blame it on the loud music...ha!! I like pretty much all of those bands that you heard, hope ya had fun!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,

    Oh that explains it! LOL! Oh yeah, the middle son and I had fun. Don't know if the youngest did or not as he thought the music was way too loud.

    D

    ReplyDelete