Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Joshua's Eagle Scout Ceremony


It's the weekend again and I decided to play with blogging again. Boy 7 months have gone by and I forgot all about my blog here. That's Josh on the left and his friend Alex on the right.

My son got his Eagle Scout award a few weeks back so I thought I would post some pictures to share. He's been in scouts since first grade. First cubscouts with Pack 485 and then boyscouts with Troop 485. He's done many things while in scouts, including going on 3 High Adventure trips. He went scuba diving in the Bahamas when he was 15, completing 19 underwater dives including night dives and a shark dive. He's traveled to the Pacific Northwest when he went hiking on Mt St. Helens and Mt Hood along with seeing Crater Lake and other points of interest in the Northwest. His last and final trip was as the crew leader on a canoeing trip leading 2 adults and 6 scouts through the Canadian wilderness in Quetico Provincial State Park for 8 days.

He has continued to go to scouts but now as an adult leader providing guidance and steering the younger scouts along their path to Eagle. My most proudest moments came not just at his Eagle ceremony, but when he thanked me for pushing him to get his Eagle. It was truly one of those "light bulb" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment