Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Accepting Credit Cards



How many times have we all heard from our customers, that they are tired of paypal? They don't like using it...they don't trust it....etc, etc.

I use to have a merchant account with doing as many shows as we did it was a necessary evil. I have since cut back on my shows and with the lousy wireless reception we got, it was more problems than it was worth, not to mention I was paying for a service that I rarely had. So when the fall craft show season came around, I had to find a replacement for accepting cards.

My friend Pat and her hubby Lou, have been using Propay for about a year. They have used it without any hitches. So I was fooling around trying to decide what to do and I came across this post in the etsy forums regarding propay and there being a discount for etsy sellers.

So called Propay on the phone. Asked my questions. Found the link and signed up. Got a great discount on the yearly fee..only $29.95/year versus something like $70. To get the deal you have to click on the link and go through to the end. It takes just a few minutes to get yourself all set up. You can use it on your website, at craft shows, and of course on etsy, artfire or even ebay.

Anyway, thought I would share the link cause the forum thread didn't have many posts to it...propay . Sure hope that somebody can use it. Their fees are very comparable to paypals and you don't have all the ebay baggage that comes with using paypal.

7 comments:

  1. Yep...used it again today. The card reader is a plus if you take alot of charges at a show. Slow day today, hoping it will be busier tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I;ve had Propay for over a year, and love it! Fast, easy transactions, plus low fees!
    But I also use PayPal too!
    Good information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Dee. Good info to know... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jody,

    So happy to hear that you have had great success using propay. I like the fact that I know just what my costs are going to be with each and every card I accept. Something that was a mystery to me, until my merchant account statement would come in each month. It was such a nightmare!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb,

    You're welcome. I was surprised at the great discount available to etsy users.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,

    Love passing on the info...hope it helps someone out in growing their business.

    D

    ReplyDelete