Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

When a Service Call Isn't Really A Service Call

Ok, so those that have read my blog in the past, may remember my post when I bought my new washer and dryer. They were real beauties as HH Gregg upgrade the drab white ones I had purchased due to the shipping container falling off the ship and into the water further delaying my purchase. In any case, washer and dryer arrived. I had my first issue with the dryer about 3 months in. It was making this ungodly loud noise. Called for service since I had bought the 5 year extended warranty. First guy came out, told me I had to "live with" the noise. I said I don't think so, as when I purchased them they weren't making that noise. Call and had another tech come out. The gas valve was breaking. Ok, so they fix that. Then after another two years, the dryer is making noise again, so call once again for repairs. This time it's the dryer drum is cracking at the seam. Get a new drum and it's installed. Another year goes by and the dryer is making noise again, so once again a tech comes out. He checks the whole thing over and can't find a thing wrong, so he cleans it up and lubricates things. The dryer works just fine.

So the past month or so the washer has been giving me trouble. First the hubby said he was washing a load and it made this awful sound. Ok, get yourself back up off the floor, you read that right, the hubby was doing laundry. Then the dreaded ND code flashed, Not Draining. So he turned it off, turned it back on, the washer picked up in the cycle where it had left off and everything went down the drain so to speak. So the past few weeks I've been getting the ND code quite often. Since we still have the extended service plan, I call for repairs.

I was given an appointment for the service tech 8 days later, which would have been today. The time was from 8am-5pm for me to be available. OK, not what I wanted to do on a nice sunny day, but clean clothes are kinda a necessity. At 5:20 pm I call to confirm that I was indeed suppose to have an repair appointment today. I was told yes, but it was a preferred appointment and not a confirmed appointment. WTF? I mean I am calling the company that schedules the repairs for the extended warranties and they give me the time and date but somehow it's not confirmed. So after blasting the low level customer service rep, I ask to speak with a supervisor. She then informs me again that while my appointment was "a preferred" appointment it isn't a confirmed appointment and that I should have called the repair company that they contracted with to "confirm" my appointment.....well wasn't that what I did when I called the phone number listed on my extended service contract? The supervisor also told me that they don't know what my schedule is, so that's why I needed to confirm it with the service company. Hello! I was the one clearing my schedule so I could get the damn washer fixed!

I then demanded that she make another "preferred" appointment. She said she couldn't do that as she had to check on some billing issues. When I called her on that, as I stated they had my name, they knew I had a extended service contract on my washer and dryer....what billing was she actually checking on? Ready for this one....that they weren't billed for the "preferred" appointment, that wasn't confirmed that no one showed up for. So when I called her on that, she tried to bs her way out of it again. I mean if an appointment isn't an appointment until it's confirmed, then why worry about being billed? I actually hung up and called HH Gregg to speak with the store manager. Unfortunately, the store manager wasn't there and won't be in til Monday but I did speak with the Electronics dept manager. He stated that the while his understanding of when you call for service, that the appointment given should be "confirmed". Anyway, he is having the store manager call me on Monday.

So I sit here without a working washer. The dirty clothes are piling up and I feel like I am wallowing in BS. Come Monday morning I would hate to be the repair company and HH Gregg. Until next time....

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely so that we can gain more objective opinions.

    sell my commercial property Coventry &sell my property Notingham

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
    Fully property management Services

    ReplyDelete